Everlasting Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everlasting Night

This is a mature Role Playing site.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

`See |through| MY eyes`

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DepthofBeauty
DepthofBeauty

`See |through| MY eyes` Empty
PostSubject: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:13 pm

[ -αƒтєя- αℓℓ уσυ ρυт мє тнσυgн

You'd think I'd despise you

вυт ιη тнє єη∂ ι ωαηηα тнαηк уσυ...

'Cause you made me that much stronger ]

I feel so warm. Not knowing where I am is a disadvantage, but where I lay is more comfortable than I've been in a long time. I want to open my eyes, but won't. It won't do anything and it's more of a habit I picked up even though the gesture is meaningless. My right hand is on my hip, resting limply. My left, as one of my hands is always doing when I lie down, is on the ground, palm facing downward.

The most confusing part is I feel safe, like nothing can hurt me. Blissful even. I suppose it's something that I shouldn't get used to. I haven't felt this way since the accident. A sigh escaped by almost closed lips, moving my long black hair from the mess it lay around my face.

The accident...

Flying was never my strong suit. Always and forever I had hated it, and that hasn't changed. Flying was something that made me realize I was helpless. My vision was limited to knowing were everyone sat in the saddle, and Aang's absence told me that he was riding onto of the air bison. A major form of my discomfort, but I got used to it and I didn't complain. Most of the time.

I would always hold onto 'my spot' of the saddle, which i had chosen because there was a round hole in the side that my arms could fit in that i could hold. For my protection so I wouldn't fall out.

I wish it worked the day it happened. Needless to repeat, I wasn't holding the saddle. I was too busy fighting with Katara, as always. Sure years had passed since the war, but old habits die hard, and for me, that was my wild and unexplainable behavior. My rebellion against my parents and continued efforts to avoid them and Gaoling.

With what happened with Combustion Man, it was ruled a bad idea to gamble and run high risk situations. I promised not to do it again... Though, I tended to haze over the promise and when things died out and peace started to sit in... A little game now and then wasn't bad right?

It ran into worse things, which, for me wasn't good. My vision wasn't normal as it was, and parties with alcohol didn't improve. Don't get me wrong, I never got drunk or too smashed, but you only live once. It was fun, and for me, I always wanted just to do my own thing, have a good time, and do what I want to do.

Katara just doesn't know how to relax. It never hurt anyone, or me, and it was always cool. Apparently she wanted everyone to be like her. The water's bender's desire for me was to be like her. A sweet and motherly figure who would do anything for a man. That's nothing like what I want for myself. That bothered her.

I wanted to do my own thing and have fun doing it. I don't want to get married. I have the rest of my life for that. Kids never crossed my mind. I'm blind... I'm 'not perfect'. A phrase I've heard all my life. If it happens, it happens. It's not something I'm planning like Katara is.

Even through Katara's pleading, Aang didn't want to get married. So in turn, she took off for a while, and within two month was engaged to Fire lord Zuko.

Kudos for her.

Anyway.... during the argument, I did something I never had the courage to do. My arrogant sixteen year old self stood up. Not being able to see anything except those beside me, I didn't see the wind storm. I felt it on my face gently, but it... needless to say, caught me and everyone else off guard. From what I saw in the last few seconds, I was the only one who flew out of the saddle. I landed in the woods, who knows where, and after walking for a little while, I found a small village-town and they helped me. I wasn't badly injured by my standards. I had two broken ribs and a fracture arm.

A month tops and I left, setting out to find them. My fun continued the more places I went, but as time went by, I realized something. What if they weren't looking for me?

I stand where I had five years ago, teaching Aang to earth bend. 'I'm going to roll that boulder down at you...' A grin plastered itself on my face, hearing my own younger voice within my head, as if it was acting in front of me. Now 17, things seem so... dull. It's been 7 months since I've seen anyone, and that fateful day ripped us apart. I wonder if Aang had sent the gust of wind to stop us. Though... we fell off sometime after lunch. We had already eaten. I woke at dusk, hours later. They didn't find me?

A presence was walking behind me. I could feel the footsteps and they were light. Almost too light. My attention was elsewhere. I knew of it, I just... in a nut shell, didn't care. I was thinking, and if they made a motion to attack me, they would pay. I don't want to get up. I'm laying down; comfortable. If someone disturbs me... Someone help them.

[Avatar RP. Private. Jen-chan]
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:21 pm

`See |through| MY eyes` Dude

"Oi, miss."

It was a mans voice. not deep enough to be an adult- more than likely a late teen age.

The foot steps stopped as he got closer. Hearing her sigh he knew she was at least living. But laying on the damp floor of the woods wasnt what any traveler might call smart.

He had long hair and light blue eyes- tanned skin form walking and a while and blue tunic of sorts on.

He walked closer and picked up a rock, running it up the end of his boot. the small sparks erupted into a flame which happily nessled itself down in the leaves, politly stayig in a decent spot- not burning any higher than your knee.

A fire bender. Even with the war having come to a close, those from the fire nation werent very kindly welcomed on the roads. There was always an odd staleness in the air around them- maybe caused by the bitterness of being put out, or perhaps the subconchious fear many people still had of the fire nation.

He reached to his side and untied the hilt of his sword, sitting down by the fire.

She didnt exactly seem like somoene he would have to be worried about- hostile wise. In the forest though it was always better to spend the night with one extra person- just insase a hungry beast desided to come along.

he concitered her for a moment, taking in her looks. long dark hair fairly light skin, even for a traveler. She was either from the air or earth countries in origin.
Back to top Go down
https://everlastingnight.rpg-board.net
DepthofBeauty
DepthofBeauty

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Toph didn't even bother to look at him. She didn't have too, which was the best part, but it made it seem as if she was sleeping. Which wouldn't be uncommon. She'd fallen asleep this way before. All the same, moving would be a good idea, and hearing fire start, she refused to move, but all her senses flared. He wasn't far and was now sitting a distance behind the young girl.

Was he... looking for a companion? Never before had she needed protection of sleeping with another. Then again... she wasn't a fire bender. The blade touched the ground, and she looked through the metals within it. The steel was fairly poor quality compared to what she'd seen, but all the same. It had a lot of impurities, which was the reason she could destroy it.

"My name isn't Miss, It's Toph." She said, turning her head to glance back at him, her milky green eyes shone brightly in the setting sun and dwindling firelight. It made it seem like a glare, that she wasn't really blind, and that her corneas just couldn't be seen at the moment.

Her attitude had changed over the years in some ways, she was still sarcastic, strong willed, and critical of those she didn't know well, but she had gotten better with some things. An example was not being as cold, but she didn't like being called Miss. That was something she was called which made her seem helpless when she was young. Like a disabled burden, which had no function but to burden those around here, something she hated.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:24 pm

He was slightly suprised to see she was indeed awake but didnt let it sow.

"Well Toph, I'm Rem." he stated rubbing his hands against eachother. he didnt like the cold- not one bit. Then again not many fire benders did- if any. Night was when they were weakest, the sun going away for a few hours rest. It made sence he would not be looking for a fight.

He inturprited her look as a glare and put his hands up, palms twards her. All he had done was start a small camp fire and adress her how he adressed any woman he didnt know.

"Im not here to cause any trouble." he assured her. "Just resting." he said. "I didnt mean to offend you."

He put his hands down and reached into the small sack he had with him. "Have you eaten?" he asked, pulling out two fruits. they smelt sweet even before being peeled.
Back to top Go down
DepthofBeauty
DepthofBeauty

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:33 pm

"You wouldn't survive starting trouble with me." She added with a sly grin. She could feel his heart rate change, showing fear, as well as see snapshots of his actions. he was worried, and she knew that he was avoiding the fight. Below him the ground moved slightly because he was cold. "You can make a larger fire." she told him.

Sitting, she turned towards him, her pale green eyes now visible in the flame light. "It's advisable. It gets cold here at night. "She added, leaning back against a tree. "And no I haven't eaten." She added, shrugging her shoulders.

Toph liked eating, and it's not that she avoided it, but with certain things, she was unable to see what it was, and due to that, what it looked like was questioned. It's outline was one thing, which led to her eating some odd things sometimes. They had this one thing called Lobster-crabs, which were amazingly tasty.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:08 pm

He raised an eyebrow. "Can you see me?" he asked. she acted like no blinde person he had met, and he had met plenty whos eyes had been ruined by embers.

When she sugested an intenser flame he was more than happy to oblidge, rolling one of the fruits over to her across the ground.

He was tired and hungry and could only assume the same could be said for the girl across from him. Traveling wasnt exactly his forte, but it had to be done when it had to be done. Besides, he had been hearing disturbing rumors in the past few towns about dragons still exsisting.

Not disturbing in a bad sence- but disturbing that people might plan to actuy do them harm. Thoughhe would never admit it, since he was ayoung boy he always drempt of owning a dragon as a pet, though all he had was a lizard. Only two dragons could possibly still be in exsistence, unless they had desided to mate. If that were te case, an egg could verywell be waiting for him...
Back to top Go down
DepthofBeauty
DepthofBeauty

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Toph watched him for a minute or so before answering him. "I can see you, just not with my eyes." She shrugged, picking up the fruit without even looking down at it. She rose it to her lips and touched it to them, knowing what it was by the feel of it, as well as the smell. But the way she did is made it seem unsure what she was doing, until she took a bite however.

"You're tired... and your body is stiff and tied in almost knots." She said, watching him. Toph saw more of mucsels than skin, so therefore she noticed things like that. Seeing things more other people couldn't was what made her so much stronger then others emotionally.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:28 pm

He blinked at her, then bit into his own fruit. "Is it that noticable?" he asked curiously.

As they spoke he reaced up and retied his hair, making the bun snugger and less sloppy.the amount of dirt and dust he had on him from walking might make it plausable for an earthbender to try and make him move. it was an odd concept that he imediatly took his mind off of. thinking oddly like that only proved that she was right about how exhausted he was.

"If you dont mind my asking, where exactly are you from?" he asked. "This is close to the middle of nowhere. Its rare to see another peron on foot."
Back to top Go down
DepthofBeauty
DepthofBeauty

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Toph raised a brow into her long dark hair. "I see things some people don't." She shrugged, biting into the fruit again, watching him closely. "Well..." She began, hating explaining how she saw over and over again. She just needed a nice sign. Too bad she didn't know how to write...

Sighing her eyes rose to him. It was a force of habit. She knew where he was from earth bending, and it was a habit that she looked those she spoke to in the eye. Her parents hated it, but she did it anyway, because it was 'proper.' Her interested remained on him, and she shrugged. "You've already discovered I'm blind. Therefore, I can't guide an animal... Besides, I'm an earth bending, not being in the contact with the Earth is.. unpleasant."

Rather than stop, she continued. "The only time I've ever traveled off the ground was when I was with the Avatar." The man before her was too tired and sore to fight, and it's not as if she'd ever been beaten by a fire bender. Sure Zuko had burned her, but he was half asleep, she was off guard, and he was the new fire lord after all.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:53 pm

He chukled. "While all of that is intresting, it isnt what I asked." he put the rines into the fire, knowing the smoke from it wouild keep away bugs of ather small creatures.

"You said you travled with the Avatar. That gives you quite a resume." he joked. "Where are you headded to now?"

He didnt sound at all belitteling, and not for a second did he take her lightly. Dirt could put out a fire as easily as fire could melt ice. It was foolish to make enemies with your weakness. when she looked at him he felt slightly uneasy. It felt like she was looking through him- or maybe into him? He knew it was impossible and a very supersticious way of thinking to even conciter that.
Back to top Go down
DepthofBeauty
DepthofBeauty

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:23 pm

A cocky smirk now perched itself on Toph's naturally red lips, and she seemed pleased. "I trained the Avatar." She said, putting a fist on her chest. "I was his earth bending teacher." She told him happily. Clearly she thought highly of herself and enjoyed bragging about herself and her accomplishments.

Her eyes continued to look over his body. He seemed nervous, and that in a way humored her. His heart's beats where different, and could sense fear - almost like a dog. Even she had to admit how good she was at observing other people. She had gotten better at it, as well as dealing with the feelings of others, but everyone made mistakes right.

Toph continued to eat the fruit, and when she finished it, she threw it. Before it came anywhere near the ground, it launched out, grabbed the fruit, and pulled it underground - core and seed in all. It didn't effect her, and all she moved was her hand and flicked her wrist in a quick motion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: `See |through| MY eyes`   `See |through| MY eyes` Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

`See |through| MY eyes`
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everlasting Night :: Role Playing :: Earth-
Jump to: