Everlasting Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everlasting Night

This is a mature Role Playing site.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Long or short Posts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

Long or short Posts? Empty
PostSubject: Long or short Posts?   Long or short Posts? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:20 am

Its a debate ive had with friends on and off through the years... are long posts more descriptive because they are... wlel... more wordie? Or are short potst?

I personaly say short posts since they let each role player throw a twist into the plot line anr remark to every other sentence the opposite person says... liek in real life. It bugs me when they go on and on ang on and you have tothink for an answer to 6 consecutive statements or questions and in that time cant have your character do somethign to influnce the other - since the other person has already written whats happened!

.... made no sence in text but it does inmy mind :p

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://everlastingnight.rpg-board.net
DarknessDesires
Admin
DarknessDesires

PostSubject: Long or Short? Sounds Dirty XD   Long or short Posts? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:19 pm

I like both XD Sometimes I want to write alot, because I get really into it- and there's alot I want to get out at that moment. But then I like to also do short one's, so it gives the other person a c ahnce to react- and add in change. So either one, I enjoy <3 but I hate one liners XD lol.

<3Me
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chandraladawn
Farseer
Farseer

PostSubject: Re: Long or short Posts?   Long or short Posts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:23 am

I think it really depends on what the situation is. Obviously if the characters are seperated longs posts are better because what they're doing doesn't immediately affect the other characters. Also if there's not that much going on, putting up a long post to get the story closer to action of some kind I find to be very useful. When it's in the middle of action or conversation short ones make more sense as, like Angel said, you can reply in time like a real conversation, and during action every small movement could have drastic effects on what the other people would do. If you write down a whole fight scene yourself, it's like saying that the other person wasn't involved at all. Ok now I'm ranting a bit but that's just my 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Lass
Admin
Angel_Lass

PostSubject: Re: Long or short Posts?   Long or short Posts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:38 pm

cheers WOOHOO! Couldnt have said it better myself Smile
Back to top Go down
https://everlastingnight.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long or short Posts?   Long or short Posts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long or short Posts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everlasting Night :: General :: Debate-
Jump to: